Autumn Days and Pumpkin Patches.


First of all, I just want to welcome everyone who is kind enough to take a moment of their day to read this messy and unorganised blog post. I am well and truly new to this and I have no idea how it works or what this is going to turn out like!


Much like a lot of people, Autumn (alongside Winter) is my favourite time of year. As soon as it starts getting a little darker in the evenings, and the leaves start to change colour, I am instantly in my wardrobe digging out my jumpers and hoodies; getting all of my candles out to fill my room is something else i look forward to. I would also love to dig out all of the autumnal bath bombs from lush, but unfortunately I am allergic to them, so I have to compromise with a candle lit bath without the bubbles.


I am extremely lucky enough to live in an area surrounded by fields, and trees and this year, a huge pumpkin patch. The pumpkin patch launched last year, but unfortunately my boyfriend was ill so we didn’t get a chance to go down. So this year, it was my mission to go (even though it is literally down the road from my house). When my boyfriend and I turned up we were both so surprised at how amazing it actually was. The atmosphere was actually breathe-taking; watching loads of families and younger children get so excited over the HUGE pumpkins was a lovely thing to witness.


We grabbed a wheel-barrow and started hunting through all of the pumpkins to find one perfect for us. As I always say, there is no such thing as a perfect pumpkin! As I am sure you can imagine, the thing that excited me the most was all of the little munchkin’s grouped up in piles across the field. I had to get some. It was just an amazing experience to actually pick your own pumpkins- I know you pick your own if you go to a supermarket or farm shop, but the experience was just exciting and so memorable. The weather was also perfect for pumpkin searching, it was sunny but extremely windy and cold- I love weather like this. It made the day feel very autumnal and special and I think that it definitely got us both in the mood for Halloween. We are going to a Halloween party on Saturday, I am not usually a party girl but we are going with my family. It is a close family friend who is hosting the party, so it will be nice to get out of the house. I have decided that I am carving the pumpkins for the party as decoration; I love carving pumpkins!


We got back from the pumpkin patch and I was instantly in the mood to start carving. My boyfriend, nephew and I started thinking of designs for our pumpkins and got to work. I previously had bought some amazing carving tools from Asda (which I highly recommend as they are a lot easier to use than a knife). I decided I wanted to do something a little different and saw a minion pumpkin on google images, so this is the design I chose to do. My boyfriend loves the classic scary pumpkin designs and they turn out amazing every time he does them! My nephew is only 3, so I pretty much carved out his pumpkin for him and he got rid of about ¼ of the pumpkin seeds inside, before getting bored!


Because it is autumn, I can get away with having little munchkin’s all around my bedroom, surrounded by autumnal flowers and candles. I love to have my candles lit in the evenings with all my fairy lights on- it makes my room feel so cosy and I find it extremely comforting. It also gives me an excuse to get into my pyjamas at 5pm and get ready for bed (yes, that’s the exciting life I live)! I am such a home bunny, is anyone else? I would much rather stay at home with my little baby boy- Archie; he is my French Bulldog btw.


I thought it would be best to mention that I am also a Christmas fanatic, and will be talking a lot about it throughout my blog posts for the next couple of months. Also, be prepared to hear a lot about Archie- he is my pride and joy and I talk about him a little too much.

So just before I go I want to mention a few things which you can expect to see throughout my blog:
·      My life- about me, and how I am feeling. My emotions. I have anxiety and depression and I have learnt over the years what helps me feel better, I would love to share some of these things with you all.
·      Beauty- I love all things makeup and beauty, so expect to see blog posts on my monthly favourites, maybe makeup tutorials and just general reviews on some products.
·      Fashion- I wouldn’t say I am a fashion icon, but I do like to share what I wear with people, and I think that a lot of you may share the same taste as me so it will be great to talk about it.
·      General lifestyle and Random bits- anything to do with home ware, stationary and studying (I love stationary).
·      Travel- I love travelling and exploring new places, so it would be amazing to capture these moments and share them, as well as exciting things I may be doing throughout each month.

Thank you so much for reading this blog post. It is a bit all over the place so I hope you don’t mind… I am sure I will get the hang of it soon!

Love Jasmine x


(All photos are my own)

Comments

  1. I absolutely adore Autumn and Winter, especially Christmas !!! love your post, good luck with your new venture xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely start to your new blog, looking forward to the lovely gems you'll be sharing. xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Christmasy Haul.

Cosy Evenings and Deep Thoughts.