Cosy Evenings and Deep Thoughts.

This is kind of a part 2 to my first blog post, and just before i get into it, i wanted to say HAPPY HALLOWEEN! And thank you all for the amazing feedback on my first post (which i was extremely anxious over).

This post is about my favourite parts of autumn evenings, and how my thoughts get a lot deeper when the evenings get darker. Does anyone else get like this?


One of the best parts of autumn evenings is getting all of the candles out and making your room smell of Christmas! Some of my favourite scents are Warm Apple and Cinnamon (Home Bargains, £2.99), Freshly Baked Cookies (B&M Bargains, £2.49) and Gingerbread (Home Bargains, £2.99) When I burn these scents together my room smells incredible! Fairy lights are my next must have during these darker evenings. They fill the room and make it so cosy and comforting, i love it. I have lots of fairy lights dotted around my bedroom and as soon as I get home, I turn all of them on and light all of my candles. When it is time for bed later in the night, the room smells incredible and feels so welcoming. Does anyone else love having candles and fairy lights in their bedroom?


I also have this car freshener which is called Sprinkled Cinnamon (Yankee Candles, £2.49). It smells just like Christmas to me and I love it! I am going to have to stock up on them so I don't run out over the next couple of months.


Anyway, i feel like i spoke a lot about that on my other post, so I wanted to touch upon something which happens to me almost every year when the evenings get darker. I start to think a lot more about deeper things, such as life; what I am currently doing; my future; where I will be in years to come and simple things like my family. I start to question where I will end up, and if I am going to be happy like I am now. It is scary. The future is something that I know scares a lot of people- I am one of them... It is daunting not knowing what is going to happen to you tomorrow, or in 3 years and things change so quickly that most of the time you're not even prepared for it. I also start to worry about how quickly time has gone, and is going. It frightens me that the days seem to fly by and the next thing you know it is Sunday evening again and you are getting ready for another week of work and education.
I think this time of year makes me think more because it can be quite lonely when the evenings get darker, and obviously the days are shorter. It is also because I am a worrier. I worry about every little thing, even if there is nothing to worry about- I will find something. It is hard knowing that you are only getting older, and unlike when you are young- you actually do have to worry about things now and try to make the right decision. I'm sure I am not the only one who gets like this- and it isn't all the time, I think it is more when I am sitting in my room alone, and not concentrating on anything. Just laying in bed.


Some things I do to try and take my mind of this is spend time with the people I love. My family, boyfriend and my dog. I spend the most time with them and i love them all so much that things which I have previously mentioned don't cross my mind when I am with them. I also love to have a relaxing candle lit bath... It is so comforting and takes my mind off a lot of things because i am so relaxed and spaced out! I also love stationary... I have recently reorganised this tiny desk corner in my bedroom, I am having my bedroom re-decorated next year so this is my temporary corner... I love sitting at my desk and making different printable which i can use and can help me stay organised and on top of work etc... One of the main things I turn to when I feel like this is music. Music is the best escape for me, and i think a lot of people. It is a way of completely zoning out and not thinking about what's going on around you... I love it. I play guitar and sing (a little) too so i love doing this in my spare time.



Thank you again for all of the support on my blog, I am still getting used to it and trying my best to make it interesting so I hope my hard work is paying off!

Love Jasmine xx

(all photos are my own)

Comments

  1. Love your post and like you I love burning candles, having fairy lights on and drinking warm drinks whilst eating some nice shortbread biscuits xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autumn Days and Pumpkin Patches.

A Christmasy Haul.